This paper axiomatically studies bankruptcy problems with nontransferable utility by focusing on generalizations of consistency and the contested garment principle. On the one hand, we discuss several consistency notions and introduce the class of parametric bankruptcy rules which contains the proportional rule, the constrained relative equal awards rule, and the constrained relative equal losses rule. On the other hand, we introduce the class of adjusted bankruptcy rules and characterize the relative adjustment principle by truncation invariance, minimal rights first, and a weak form of relative symmetry.
- c79 - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory: Other
- d63 - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
- d74 - "Conflict; Conflict Resolution; Alliances"
- NTU-bankruptcy problems
- relative adjustment principle
- parametric bankruptcy rules
- adjusted bankruptcy rules
Dietzenbacher, B., Borm, P., & Estevez-Fernandez, A. (2020). NTU-bankruptcy problems: consistency and the relative adjustment principle. Review of Economic Design, 24(1-2), 101-122. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10058-019-00227-x