Using a keyword mining approach, this paper explores the interdisciplinary and integrative dynamics in five nano research fields. We argue that the general trend of integration in nano research fields is converging in the long run, although the degree of this convergence depends greatly on the indicators one chooses. Our results show that nano technologies applied in the five studied nano fields become more diverse over time. One field learns more and more related technologies from others. The publication and citation analysis also proves that nano technology has developed to a relatively mature stage and has become a standardized and codified technology.
- o14 - "Industrialization; Manufacturing and Service Industries; Choice of Technology"
- o30 - "Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights: General"
- o31 - Innovation and Invention: Processes and Incentives
- o32 - Management of Technological Innovation and R&D
- l52 - "Industrial Policy; Sectoral Planning Methods"
- l65 - "Chemicals; Rubber; Drugs; Biotechnology"
- Nanoscience and nanotechnology
- Research fields
- Publication analysis
- Citation analysis
- Vocabulary mining
- Rough set theory
- CONVERGING TECHNOLOGIES
- Institutional cooperation
- CITATION FLOWS
- ROUGH SETS
- MODERN SCIENCE