Kimani .F. Goddard is an experienced, Senior Intellectual Property Law and Policy Advisor. She has been a Senior IP Advisor for several years, with the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), specialising in copyright law, collective management of copyright and TRIPS flexibilities. Among her key policy projects is the WIPO Draft Guidelines on Assessing the Economic, Social and Cultural Impact of Copyright Law in the Creative Industries (Economy). She continues to maintain a consulting relationship with WIPO. Additionally, she has held the Senior Policy Advisor role, with the International Confederation of Societies of Authors and Composers (CISAC), contributing to EU copyright reform. Kimani holds an Master of Laws in International Law, from the Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies in Geneva Switzerland, as well as a Master of Research (quantitative) International Relations (Trade Policy) Keele University in the United Kingdom.
Kimani .F. Goddard is currently a PhD Fellow and Researcher at the Maastricht University Faculty of Law, where her research focusses on the treatment of explicit and implicit Intellectual Property clauses within International Investment Agreements (IIAs) and Investment Arbitration. She also engages in research within the Maastricht University Law & Tech Lab, where she is developing a research project on “Mapping Biological Patents: Semantic Textual Analysis of Patent Rights & Patent Data in Comparison with Known Biological Data”. Her forward-looking interests are concerned with the evolution of property norms as a driver of global trade flows, and the future of intangible property rights in personal and biological data. Kimani Goddard is originally from the small Caribbean island of Saint Lucia.
- Intellectual Property and Sui Generis Intellectual Assets
- Systems and Institutions of Intangible Property
- The International Regulation of Intellectual Property
- Intellectual Property Law Protection in International Investment Agreements and International Trade Law
- Copyright Law , Collective Management and Digital Copyright Law
- Big Data, Privacy and Intellectual Property Rights
- Patent Law, Information Technology and Sui Generis Property Rights in Biotechnology Innovation
- Artificial Intelligence and Intellectual Property Rights